Sales Ledger and Credit Control Assistant Job Description and Person Profile
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to the Finance Controller
- To raise weekly invoices from our bespoke software, in an accurate and timely manner;
- To maintain sales ledger records on sage;
- To monitor payments received and balances due;
- To collect outstanding debt by the use of telephone calls/letters and liaison with external agencies;
- To reconcile accounts and resolve all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions;
- Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary;
- Production of management information as requested such as reports;
- Use the RBS backway system to process weekly direct debits and an online card payment platform to collect weekly card payments.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Finance Controller for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
This is a wide ranging role that requires a working knowledge of the sales ledger together with credit control procedures. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the sales ledger from the initial invoicing to the collection of the debt. The role demands a dedicated and motivated individual who is focused on ensuring that all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner. In addition it requires a confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working within a small team you will also be expected to carry out tasks relating to other functions within the department so as to ensure continuity of service.
- Achievement of cash collection targets;
- Line manager’s satisfaction with quality of work produced, competence level, all measured by feedback, performance appraisals and on-going performance management.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Attention to detail;
- Literacy and numeracy;
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively;
- Speed and accuracy;
- Willingness to learn;
- A self-starter with a positive and can do attitude and a down to earth approachable manner;
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whist adhering to deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of sales ledger and credit control;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of SAGE accounting package, Microsoft Office packages and data base entry is necessary.
Customer Service Call Centre Agents
A people person
Good on the phone
A good communicator
Experienced in customer service
Able to work in a fast pace environment
Attracted to commissions on top of your salary
Would you like to work in an energetic, fun, environment as part of a thriving call centre team?
We have a number of Customer Service / Call Centre vacancies available with immediate start. Based in Heaton Mersey, Stockport.
The roles’ do NOT involve any cold calling but purely responding to inbound online quotation enquiries, in our energetic office environment, working alongside good people with a positive work ethic.
If you or anybody you know has experience working in a call centre or customer service capacity in the following industries (which are preferable but NOT essential)…. Heating and Boilers, Double Glazing, Conservatory’s, Renewable Energy, Security or Funeral Plans and may be interested in these permanent roles,
For more information on the job vacancy, please contact us today on 0800 021 3211 and ask to speak to our HR department or alternatively send your CV to: email@example.com.
Duties of the role:
- Coaching, inspiring and motivating a sales team.
- Ensuring the team meets the sales targets.
- Sales training, development, and performance management.
- A good understanding of the market dynamics in the respective sector.
- Developing sales strategies to guarantee success and growth.
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Disciplined use of CRM system, communication and customer management.
- Handling customer complaints and enquiries.
- Monitoring random calls for quality assurance.
- Forecasting and analysing sales data.
- Regular reporting of KPI’s to directors
- Keeping to targets and managing KPI’s.